Oakmont High School Counseling
Counselors have made visits to the Freshman Health, Sophomore English and Junior English classes. Below are the Power Point and hand outs that were discussed. Students were also introduced to Naviance, a new computer program Oakmont will be using. On the Naviance site students took part in a personality/career assessment. Ask your student about their results!
Senior Class Parent Meeting 2012
Junior Class Parent Meeting 2012
Parent Project - Empowering Parents. Transforming Teens. Register NOW!
Class of 2015 College Bound Athletes - Please check out changes made to NCAA!!
Students, get involved! Join one (or more) of the many Oakmont clubs.
2012-2013 Power Points (below):
Below you will find information from the 2011-2012 school year. Class level work sheets and power points will be updated in the fall after counselors make their classroom visits.
Sierra College Parent Information Nights
Sierra College Academic Enrichment Program
Please note the new approved changes for students wanting to take an enrichment class at Sierra College while still in high school:
* Students must be 16 years of age and completed 10th grade.
* High School students must now pay enrollment fees (currently $36 per unit).
* Students can take only college-level classes (no basic skills / pre-collegiate).
* Students can only take up to 7 units per semester.
* Students must have a 2.7 cumulative high school GPA.
* Enrollment of all special “full-time” AE students has been eliminated.
This is a test open to sophomore, junior and senior students. It will help you in determining which occupation best matches your personal characteristics. Date and time information to come. You must sign up and get pass from the Career Center, to take the test.